jueves, 30 de diciembre de 2010

Quilt sorpresa / Surprise quilt

No sé si recordáis el quilt que estaba haciendo sorpresa para mi madre. Pues bien, lo terminé justo a tiempo para regalárselo por estas fechas. Está cosido y acolchado completamente a mano :)

Do you remember the quilt I was making as a surprise for my mother. I finished it just on time to give it to my mother for Christmas. It is hand-pieced and hand-quilted :)



La idea se me ocurrió al ver este quilt de BlueElephantStitches. Fue amor a primera vista :)
Como veis, me gustan mucho los quilts hechos con cuadrados simplemente. El diseño es muy sencillo, pero el resultado es muy efectivo.

The quilt is based on this one of BlueElephantStitches. It was love at first sight :)
As you see, I love quilts made simply with squares. They are very simple, but very fresh and effective. 





Me gusta mucho el contraste de las telas con el blanco.

I love the contrast with the white.




¡No hay nada mejor que un regalo hecho a mano!

There is nothing better than handmade gifts!

6 comentarios:

  1. What a gorgeous quilt!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. That handquilting is beautiful! And I love the border fabrics you chose.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. This is stunning, you have inspired me to try something similar!!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I made four quilts very similar to this. I really think that they are my favorites...simple and beautiful is yours.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I love how you used the darker border colours and the hand-quilting is perfect.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Guapissima!!!! Un gran trabajo!!!!

    ResponderEliminar